Collecting cartridges is fun and easy. We want to make sure you get paid
for everything you collect - so please follow these easy tips to prevent
damage during transit.
General Shipping Tips
- Keep the box size and weight reasonable
- Inkjet cartridges: under 25 pounds and about 2' x 2' x 2', or use a copy-paper box.
- Laser cartridges: under 45 pounds and about 2' x 3' x 3'
- Pad the bottom of the box with crumpled newspaper or other cushioning.
- Put any laser cartridges in the BOTTOM of the box, before inkjet cartridges. Do not put laser cartridges on top of inkjet cartridges - they are heavy and will damage the inkjets.
- Throw away copier toner bottles, toner tubes, and fabric printer ribbons.
Inkjet Cartridge Shipping Tips
- Important: Please DO NOT place color inkjet cartridges in plastic bags. This can cause cross-color contamination and make the cartridge worthless. Also, please remove any plastic "tape" that the user may have left on the cartridge.
- Wear gloves when handling inkjet cartridges, as the ink can be difficult to get off hands.
- Place inkjet cartridges in layers with a thin layer of newspaper or other cushioning separating layers. Alternatively, "stack" similar cartridges in columns in the box.
- You can keep inkjet cartridges in their original box if desired, but it is not necessary.
- Do not "cram" cartridges into a box, but DO fill all empty space with cushioning material. Remember that UPS may either drop your box or place a heavy box on top of yours. Normally, 50-100 inkjet cartridges fit into a copy paper box with room for cushioning.
Laser Cartridge Shipping Tips
- Keep laser cartridges in their original boxes if you have them.
- If you have their original boxes, you can tape 4-9 laser cartridges boxes together to form one "master" package. Use packaging tape liberally to secure them together.
- If you do not have original boxes, place each cartridge into a plastic bag and tape it shut. Black powder coming from packages makes UPS and the Postal Service nervous. Wrap each cartridge with bubble wrap or newspaper to prevent damage.
Send cartridges to One Source Imaging, 202 South Barstow Street, Eau Claire, WI 54701.
After you have a box of about 50-100 inkjet cartridges, or at least 15 laser cartridges (or a combination of inkjet and laser), take them to UPS or the Post Office and ship them to us. For your own benefit, use the cheapest method available (i.e. UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post). We include a small shipping allowance with our payment to help you cover the cost of shipping.