- How do I get started?
- Simply call us toll free at 866-417-6872 to register or send us the registration form. Then let people know you’re collecting cartridges! See our “Getting Started” guide for details.
- How much money can we earn?
- The sky's the limit! Most empty cartridges are worth $1 to $4 each, and some worth $8. Most schools earn thousands per year, and some earn tens of thousands per year!
- How long can we participate? What are the requirements?
- This is an ongoing, year-round program with no scheduled end. To participate, simply register with us and collect empty cartridges!
- How do I know what kinds of cartridges you purchase?
- In general, any non-recycled inkjet cartridge with electronic circuitry on it will be purchased. This includes most cartridges from HP and Lexmark, and some cartridges from Apple, Canon, Compaq, Xerox, and others. Nearly all non-recycled laser cartridges are accepted, but a few are worth a low value that doesn’t make them worth the cost of shipping them. Feel free to call us at any time if you have questions about a particular cartridge type.
- How do I know if a cartridge has already been recycled?
- Most remanufactured cartridges have a label other than the original-brand label on the cartridge. Look for labels that say “refilled,” “remanufactured,” or “compatible” on them. You are not penalized for sending them, but we do not purchase these cartridges.
- When will we get paid?
- Once you send empties, they are sorted and entered for payment. Unlike some other companies that only give “store credit,” we send checks at least once each month for all shipments received, within 30 days of shipment receipt.
- Do you limit the number of cartridges you will purchase?
- There is no maximum limit to the number of cartridges we will purchase. However, we ask that you collect at least 50 inkjet cartridges and/or 15 laser cartridges for each shipment.
- Do you pay for shipping?
- At this time, we do not have a pre-paid shipping program. However, simply ship your packages via UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post and we will include a small shipping allowance with our payment to help you cover your organization’s shipping costs.
- Can we purchase cartridges from you?
- Yes! You can save up to 50% on inkjet, laser, copier, or fax supplies when you purchase from us. We will also be introducing a program that will allow a percentage of all purchases originating from your organization’s efforts to be returned directly to you!
- We want to collect even more cartridges! How do we do that?
- Put regular reminders in the school newsletter, offer a reward or party to the class or group that brings in the most empties, place collection boxes throughout the community such as prominent stores and the city library, send letters and posters home for parents.